My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Thursday 5 March 2020

Journal Page for the Craft Stamper March Blog Challenge

Hi all
Todays project for the CS blog Challenge is an A4 journal page.
There are 4 pots of Tim Holtz gorgeous Embossing Glaze to be won this month, so why not pop over to the Craft Stamper blog and take a look HERE
Here are a few pics of the process..... 
 To begin, I painted an area with a skintone, then stamped over it. 
I stamped again onto white paper, cut out the eyes and stuck them on top.
 After placing a mask on top of the eye stamp, I repeatedly brayered several fluid acrylics until I had the blend of colours I liked. Then I stamped the smashed glass with Versamark ink and embossed.
 A bit of stencilling.....
Some mark making (paint and the side of a piece of card) 
Doodling with white paint pen, and a black outline smoshed around the eyes. 
I held the page upside down, placed crayons against the page and heated them 
until they melted and ran down the page. 
 Stamped out a sentiment a couple of times (which was the inspiration for the melted crayons), chopped it up and used the pink and green crayons to colour the edges.
 Stuck down the words and used a black Posca Paint Pen to edges them, then with a watery
 brush I softened the black paint. Drew around the stencilled patters with the white pen.
Some stick on ribbon down the sides (bought this from Poundland months ago) and used a 
Stabilo All pencil along both the sides of the crayon section.
 A bit more fiddling with doodles, a couple of butterflies to the sides of the eyes
 (to soften them) and that was that!
Thanks for looking. Not sure how much I like this - but I loved the process. 
Lots of stamping and melting crayons was fun!
Suz
xxx

1 comment: