My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Sunday 15 March 2020

ATC Mini Book

A fun, quick and easy ATC Concertina Mini Book for Andy's Creative Team, using Andy Skinner's stamps and transfers, along with a few other fab Creative Expressions goodies and, as usual a bit of upcycling! Here are the front and back covers, and then a photo tutorial of how I made it.



I've just got my hands on some of Andy's new stamps, along with some other Creative Expressions goodies. I had so much fun with this, it was quick, easy and total art therapy, a real antidote to all the troubles of the world.
 Intense Pigment stains used on old curtain lining. It's a beautiful, smooth and strong material and the pigment stains are amazing.
 I glued the fabric to an ATC sized piece of card using a slightly diluted Quick Grab Glue applied with a brush.
 I cut and folded card to make a concertina insert, you could use any card suitable for mixed media.
 Pigment inks and white chalk paint to colour both sides of the card.
 Keep layering colours with a brayer until you like the look.
 Once the curtain fabric was dry I stuck on bits of vintage book pages again using diluted 'Quick Grab Glue', then tore the paper back when it had dried.
 Andy's Eye Spy stamp embossed with some cosmic shimmer Viola Black Aurora powder. Loved how it looks so different on the fabric to the paper.Then I added some transfers - YES transfers work on fabric too!!! They are flippin awesome!
 Then I started to play. I used three of Andy's embossing powders to see how they looked over the paints, plus the darker Aurora.The Supa Nova on the far left was my favourite - a granite look, strong, but not overpowering (which the Aurora was for this bit).
 Then some mark making with paints, lids and the side of another card ATC.
 I wanted this book to be reversible, so the back would also be an alternative cover. I had another ATC painted with a mixture of white chalk paint, quinacridone gold and a tiny bit of raw umber which were just clean ups from another project.
 Stamped Skull of Spades, added torn text from book pages...
 a bit of Gold Treasure Gilding Polish, then an embellishment from C E Cogs and Gears set - embossed with Supa Nova
 Then I glued the embellishment over the skull. Always adapt stamps as you need them. And a gem in the middle!
 Then onto the inside. I added LOADS of transfers along one of the sides. Then glued it to the ATC cover.
 On the other side I added text that was all from Andy's 'Create' stamp which I'd stamped onto white card, cut out and stuck down.
  Closer pics of inside...
 Pics of the other side, and all the lush transfers!
  And back to the front.....if you know what I mean, with a few more close ups before all the product info...
Then a very last thing I did....re stamp the Eye Spy sentiment and stick it over the previous one, the smudged word was bugging me! Much happier now. :-)
 I loved playing with this.
Thanks so much for looking. If you'd like to see more of the posts from my fab teamies, or all the direct links to the products which I've listed on my post for Andy's Creative Team, click HERE.
Suz
xxx
Products used:
Pigment paints in colours stated.
Stamps: Eye Spy/ Skull of Spades/ Memories of India/ Create
Embossing powders in colours stated
Transfers from two sets: Ephemera Emporium & French Fancy
Quick Grab Glue
Super Matt Varnish to seal both sides of the concertina insert

No comments:

Post a Comment