I had a pretty shaped light bulb that had blown.....decided to use it for a project. Gave it a quick coat of DecoArt Multi Purpose sealer, then a coat of glitter paint. The bulb has some interesting dark lines and of course the wires inside and I wanted a bit of that to show through.
To give the bulb a sturdy base I used a heavy old bolt - the lightbulb base fitted perfectly! Big of DecoArt Heavy Gel Medium and that was adhered beautifully.
I stamped and embossed some of the bugs from France Papillion's gorgeous 'Creepers and Crawlers' stamp set. Click here to see it.
They were coloured with Distress Oxides, cut out and then I added Stampendous Glitter from their gold Encrusted Jewell set. I can't resist a bit of glitter!