My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Monday 19 May 2014

Steampunk Heart card for Artistic Inspirations

This weeks image is a steampunk heart so I used it to make a card for my Dad which was a bit different from the usual run of the mill. He's always hard to make a card for as his only hobbies are watching sport and reading books!
The challenge this month is Anything Goes/ Dies and/or Punches and there winner gets to visit Delicious Doodles - and choose 4 images.
I firstly embossed a piece of black card. Then I brushed across it with some white acrylic ink I had spare from another project - loved how it looked! I printed out the steam punk image. Inked it using a black inkpad then went over the lines with a black fine-nibbed pigment ink pen. I used a quickie glue pen around the outside, covered this with black embossing powder and heat embossed it. I also used a white paint pen but it came out less opaque than I had expected. I used a silver pen to colour some cogs and the chain. I Decoupaged the metal rings and heat embossed them with silver. I die cut the clock face, a couple of cogs for the string to wrap around and a white heart for the background (though I trimmed it down as it was a little too big). I added some jewelled brads to the embossed background, first cutting off the pins with a jewellery wire cutter then using them on the clock faces as hands. I used my cricut for the words then embossed them too and used silver gilding wax. Some ribbon (on a mans card!!!) and bakers twine and there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Masculine card Esher, I love the heart image and the pretty embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, what a great amount of work has gon in to your materpiece!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & leaving such a lovely comment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete