My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Saturday 3 May 2014

Birthday card for my Son

Now this card was fun to make. I started by writing the words in a graffiti style, just cause I love playing with letters, I became addicted after watching a you tube clip by Ellen Vargo and it was something to do while I was at the local church hall waiting to donate blood (takes halo off for a quick polish). But then I didn't have a clue what to do with it! I rummaged through my papers for inspiration and found a background I liked. I made it using my home made gelly plate (thanks to the Frugal Crafter). I thought a wall stencil would be fab to make the background into a wall for the graffiti and it worked brill. But it needed something else and that's when I saw the post from Visible Images for their latest challenge and it reminded me of the set I had with the barbed wire and 'immortal' sentiment which were perfect. A few cheeky words around the edges and voilà!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love your graffiti! Thanks for entering our challenge...Good Luck :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun guy card! Love how you used the barbed wire and immortal on your brick wall! Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge at Visible Image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Suz! Perfect for the lads in our lives.
    Thank you for entering it into the Anything Goes Visible Image challenge.
    Good Luck hun.
    Crafty Hugs
    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete