My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Sunday 25 May 2014

Art Journal Page - Creative Hands

So I've decided to keep all my posts on one blog rather than have a separate blog for the art journaling. I think it gives a bit of variety.

This page I did with my Mum in mind as she's been really poorly in hospital and lives very far away. So this was my way of sending her love and luck.

I used Dylusions Sprays for the background. Drew a hand on some textured paper, painted it, cut it out and glued it on with DecoArt Decoupage medium. I went around it with a charcoal pencil to give depth. I then drew around my left hand twice at the top of the page and added text with a dip pen and white ink around the frame. Not sure I like the main hand too much, but it is my first attempt at drawing a hand and I think the fairies draw the eye away from it!
Then I stamped some fairies. I drew around them with a white charcoal pencil to make them look a bit magical.


I stencilled with a Dylusions Mask and various green inks to create a frame. Stencilled again with the mask using Versamark ink on the right hand side and heat embossed with clear powder for some texture in the background. Finally I decorated the leaves and added some hand drawn leaves to make the hands look like branches. I also went around the journaling to make it stand out a little better.
I really liked how this one turned out. Suz xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is a stunning art journal design with such beautiful vibrant colouring. Loving the wording between the fingers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete