My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Monday 27 January 2014

Art Journal Page DT project using the Blossom Branch image from Floppy Lattes

Good morning all! I'm really getting addicted to Art Journaling so decided to use this beautiful Blossom Branch image by Floppy Lattes as a focal image for an art journaling page for my Artistic Inspirations DT project . I wanted to create a page for an art Journaling group I've joined on FB and this was just the inspiration I needed for the theme of things that make you smile. The combination of digital and messy arts really pushes me to try new things and I love it. The theme for Artistic Inspirations this week is Anything Goes/ Animals, why not have a go?
Here are some steps and the products I used.



I Image printed onto patterned paper. Outlined with a charcoal pencil and blended with a paper stump.
Second image shows it almost finished and torn out of the paper, coloured with promarkers then a pink Gelly Glaze pen then highlighted with a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen.
 I printed the image two more times and again coloured and highlighted. Then I cut out the main flowers and some of the buds and added them around the edges of my page.
 
The initial page is Gesso'ed then I drew a silhouette image of a girl on a separate piece of card which I cut out and then used as a mask. Sprized the inks/ paints, removed the stencil and added a face, hair and writing.I outlined again with charcoal. Stamped the children playing around the bottom with archival ink smudged some more charcoal around the edges and doodled a swirly line. I then wrote the words with a calligraphy pen and drawing ink, tore them out and stuck them on, which you see in the main pic at the top. Oh and a little stickles glitter added to the flower centres too!
Great messy fun! This will be part of my Journal 52 artwork. Hope you liked it! Suz xxx
Think this is suitable for the Sketchbook Challenge theme of Collage, it's also just right for Hel's Sheridan's Sunday Stampers

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous bright and cheery page Suz, thanks so much for sharing...
    I haven't had my journal out for a while, hopefully soon.
    Looking forward to our catch up, crafty hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page and a fun technique you have used.
    Thanks for telling us how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you made all the same flowers look so unique and individual... great art... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers make me smile too Suz, they are so vibrant around the edges of your page and I love the masked girl, really clever. xx

    ReplyDelete