My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 7 February 2020

Stamp and Stitch! Jam Jar Canvas for the Craft Stamper DT Feb Challange Blog

Hi all
Todays project for the Craft Stamper February Blog Challenge is a 'stamp and stitch' piece
using a stamp and die set by Aladine. 
The prizes for the challenge winner this month are a fab 6x6 stencil and stamp by Carabelle Studio! For details on how to enter the challenge click HERE.

I was given this gorgeous set of stamps and dies and some fab Izink ink pads and sprays by Aladine which I've used in this project.


I'm loving textiles at the mo, so I grabbed a piece of calico, and using my stamp platform, 
stamped the jar until I had a crisp image for stitching over.















I used Izink Textile ink diluted with water to colour the jar and gold pigment ink to colour the metal ring around the top of the jar. I made the cloth a bit wet so there was a little seepage over the lines, which I rescued with the Izink white ink.
 Stamped out the first foliage stamp, theses are so cute!
Then stamped out the second using the same colour, but overstamped each for a more intense colour. Using white 300gsm smooth card, I stamped and die cut several of the daisy type flowers, I coloured the flowers with the Izink dye sprays in Cerise and Pearl to give a little shimmer. Then pierced holes in the flowers and stitched on small buttons.
I hand embroidered over the leaves in green and yellow and stitched around the outline of the jar.

Then taking an 8x8 canvas, I glued on lace, flowers and vintage book pages using DecoArt Matte Medium. Then a coat of white gesso once it was nice and dry.
 A few spritzes of Aladine Izink Dye Spray in Cerise that I'd used for the flowers- such a strong colour it took a while to knock it back again with gesso.
 More heavy dry brushing with gesso helps the lace really show up.
 Crackle paint for even more texture. It also toned down the pink a little more.
 I added the stitched project, but with a layer of old curtain material, an organza type material, underneath, this adds a softness to the piece, with folds of fabric over the flowers, framing the stitched work.
 Some buttons on the organza to tie it in with the stitched piece.
 Had to weight the buttons down to make sure they really gripped onto the fabric and canvas beneath!
 And here is the finished piece. I may add words at some stage too.
Thanks so much for looking. Any questions just drop me a comment.
Suz
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment