My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Spirit Of Christmas for my Andy Skinner DT Post

A cynical Christmas journal page for you today, just for a bit of fun!

Take a blank journal page.....
 Brayer on layers of paint
Dab Prussion Blue Hue and Cobalt Teal Hue through a large stencil using a bit of kitchen sponge.
 Here' what that looks like...…..
 Crackle Paint through a star stencil...

 Here's what that looks like, lol.....
 To make a Father Christmas Hat for the skull head, I used the stamp to guide me on the size...
 Snow tex a punched circle and strip of card.
 Dab metallic gold onto the stars....smudge around a bit....use a stamp from Andy's Tech Tauma set with the same gold paint stamp to decorate the hat. And a red pen for a bit of depth. Clean your stamp straight away when using with paint. 
 Stamp the skull onto white card, use a pencil to discolour the teeth (I painted one gold too after this). Then I added die cuts of money symbols to the eye sockets. 
 Highlight the stencil image with a white Posca Paint pen, to bring it forward on the page. 
 Stick on the skull and hat. I used Cosmic Shimmer glue. Start adding a shading to the stars with a Stabilo All Pencil, and add water to blend into the page. This makes the start look like they are even more dimensional.
 Around all the letters I used a black brush Pitt Marker, then again my water brush to blend. Then back over again until I had the depth of black I wanted.
 A Sakura Quickie Glue pen and glitter to highlight the stars, and a gold Pilot Marker to bring back out the gold of the letters and symbols (which had dulled a bit with the shading) 
and to give him a gold tooth!
 I also went around the whole image with the pencil and pen to bring out the images.
 White gel pen around the money symbols in the eyes..... not sure if I will leave it like that...
 A few close ups....you can still just see the crackle with the gold paint in the cracks.



 Oh and then I added a bit of white to the letters with the white Posca pen.
 
Black archival ink around the edges.
So here is my finished fella. I hope your Christmas isn't filled with a spirit like this one! 
 
 Thanks for looking! Happy Christmas to you.
Suz 
xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment