My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 3 August 2018

Look Inside Passport Book with my Eye Stamp on the Craft Stamper Mag



A little passport book for my Craft Stamper Challenge Blog Post today......using my eye stamp which is on the cover of this months Craft Stamper mag (I am soooo excited about it!).
 LOTS of layers of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics in reds, greens, blues, metallic silver, black and white (using brushes, the edge of a stamp block and my finger). Background stamping next with Andy Skinners Tech Trauma stamps, some using plain black Archival Ink, his text stamp embossed with white powder. Matt Medium to stick down some red metallic confetti circles. More layers of paints, and doodling with a black Micron Pen. On separate card I stamped and cut out the eye stamp, colouring the iris with diluted fluid acrylics. I created the 'frame of white' paint mentioned above using a rectangle of ‘Cut-N- Dry’ foam, I picked up white paint and squished it onto the front cover making a frame for the eye. Then glued on the eye image. The eye, white frame and edge of the spine were all outlined with a black Posca Pen and a Stabilo All pencil (blended with a waterbrush). I stamped out the ‘’Ouija’ stamp from Andy’s ‘Spook’ set and cut the letters for ‘Look Inside’ then glued them onto the cover and framed with the Stabilo All pencil. Spine and back cover added and voila!

Here are a few pics I took along the way.....

 ‘Vintage’ Chalky Finished paint to basecoat the covers then a coat of matt medium...…….
 Stamping....
 Distress Oxides
 Didn't like the way the eye turned out on the background so I changed that a bit later....
 More stamping...…...
 Red paint scraped on with a the side of a stamping block, white dots added when red was dry.
 Sponge on a shabby square/ rectangle of white paint, Stamped my eye stamp onto white card, coloured with cut it out and stick it over the original eye.....
 Doodled more, and added detail to the eye and blacj 'Stabilo All' for shading.
PaperArtsy stamp painted and stamped with green paint.....



Paints and splatters added to the spine....I cut it down to be the right width for this book.

 Stuck the front panel inside.....yes more eyes!
made the back cover and stuck that in too and finished!

thanks for looking, I hope you like the book and my stamp too! 
Suz xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment