My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Monday 24 March 2014

Toy train - my DT post for Artistic Inspirations

For this weeks Artistic Inspirations challenge , which is Anything Goes, I've used a children's Toy Train image from Angies Digi Stamps. It is such a lovely simple, sketcy image I've tried to keep the feel of it by making childlike cards (not too difficult for me!!).
It is the first time I've tried this writing style for the sentiment, which I learnt from a video on the fab PaperArtsy blog and I'm totally hooked! It will be featuring widely on my art journaling from now on!

I coloured the first image using alcohol markers, very quick. The number is from a Tim Holtz alphabet die Vintage Market. I made the background by spritzing mica sprays and scrunching it up once it was dry. I used some rainbow silver card for the background and the train track which was great as I never know what to do with the stuff! Very easy.
This was just as easy, simply pattern building within the design. Dead easy peasy! Hope you like them. Suz xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Suz! Great way to create a fabulous background - LOVE it - thanks for explaining - and also for the wonderful zen-doodling in your train. How fun - and pretty in the various colors! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful Suz, I love the new writing style it is perfect for these cards.

    ReplyDelete