My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Monday 10 March 2014

St Patricks Day card

Hi all. Had some fun with this one. I used the lovely mushroom house from Digi Stamps for Joy. For the first card I used watercolours and colouring pencils, added a frame, cut the words and shamrocks and went around them with a white Sakura pen to add the stitching details which kind of matches the way a shamrock looks around the edge of it's leaves. The background is inked with shabby shutters and mowed lawn TH distress inks and I used glossy accents to make the windows shine.
The second project was a bit of a challenge as I'm frightened of my sewing machine but wanted to make a design with fabric! So I printed out the image onto 300gsm card, cutting out the sections to use as templates on fabric which I then put onto a fabric background by using bondaweb type double sided sticking stuff, AFTER, I'd stitched on the words by hand using backstitch. I used Cosmic Shimmer to stick on the flowers and buttons and stitched a button to the door before sticking it onto the background. The background was secured by staples to a flat canvas, I think a box one would be easier to manage next time.  Hope you like them, and why not join in yourself with the Artistic Inspirations Challenge which is Anything goes/ St Patrick's day/ Green, this week. Suz xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment