A little project today inspired by a spark plug I found!
It started with a kit.....Andy's Gelli Plate 3D canvas kit from Tando Creative, plus lots of Creative Expressions goodies!
Olive Grove and Warm White Chalk paints on the small squares from the kit.
A little more chalk paint dry brushed over.
On the large square backing panel I used black chalk paint. Onced dry I used a 50/50 mix of Strata Paste and Structure Paste.
I did the same to all the small squares too.
On the left are all the ones I painted with Mustard Seed - I only used one of those in the end, for the middle.
All the pastes dried rock hard and I painted each square (large and small) with the Yellow Iron Oxide, then Paynes Grey and Quin Gold, and finally a bit of Raw Umber.
Did one of Andy's 'Dirty Washes' over the front of the little squares too - you can see the difference it makes below. I had also added the rub on transfers before the wash and it was fine.
A well washed but rather battered spark plug.
Painted with the colours above.
Then wrapped with wire to form a hanging section for the art, threaded through holes punched in the back board. Small panels glued on with Quick Grab Glue.
Middle square, which I'd made to go at an angle, also glued down - this is where the glue comes into it's own, used on top of the uneaven pastes it holds really well.
And that's it! Thanks so much for looking.
to see the full list of products on my 'quick post' on Andy Skinners blog.
Post a Comment