My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 14 June 2019

New Home Card for the Craft Stamper June Challenge

In this post for the Craft Stamper June monthly challenge, I've made a fun and colourful 'new home' card for my niece and nephew-in-law, who moved into their new home last weekend, (and are coming to stay with me this weekend). There is a lovely set of stamps to be won by one challenge entrant, so why not have have a go!

This stamp is made by Chocolate Baroque, and was designed by my talented friend Kim Moody. When I saw it I had to buy it for this very purpose! I've added in a few extras and die cuts too.
Here's how I made it.

I stamped and embossed the image.
 Painted it using watered down fluid acrylics like watercolours. Added a bit of gold to the door.
 Some shading to add depth to all the elements.
 Painted some dot roses and drew in a black cat clinging to the fence for a bit of fun
 (they have a black and white cat). I did add pupils to his eyes after this!
 A bird on the roof too - though I almost ruined it with the shading later!
 Shading around the image with more watered down blue and some clouds dabbed on.
 Here's what I used for the additional bits (flowers, cat, birds)
 Die cut new home in black and white - layered up on the card. Also die cut the key, and the heart that fell out of the key I painted and stuck onto it.

 To finish I added some white highlights all over the place, drew a couple more little birdies in the sky, mounted the design onto black card and popped it on a card blank.
I hope you like it. I really hope my niece likes it too!
Thanks for looking. 
Suz
xxx
Ohhh and you can find this stamp here on the Chocolate Baroque website - search Kim Moody to see all his gorgeous designs!


1 comment: