My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Saturday 11 October 2014

Oak House Studio October One Stamp!

Hi all
The first time I heard about this challenge I thought it was a fab idea; how many ways can you use just one stamp! Here are a couple of my ideas. Hope you like them:

Make an acetate box lid
For this project I took an old jewellery box and just made a new lid using heat resistant acetate. I stamped the Christmas Corner image with Versamark ink and heat embossed using Copper Detail embossing powder from OHS. I then used glass paints on the back so that I didn't need to worry about going over the edges too much. Once dried I then went over the back of the glass paint just on the flowers with DecoArt Americana white acrylic paint so it was less transparent. On the front I added some glitter glue and gems. Once it was all dry (I'd put the glitter glue on so thickly it took ages!) I made up the box using super sticky double sided tape. To hide this and finish off the lid I added some pretty lace all around the sides of the box with wet glue.
Original box -
I used the lid as my base as it had a ribbon
 to hang from the tree, plus
 it was a lovely colour and better shape.

For the second project I decorated a cheap candle which came in a pack of 3 from the 99p shop - great stocking filler!I stamped onto tissue paper from used packaging with an archival ink pad - I'll try a pigment ink next time. I cut out the image, laid it onto the candle, took the waxy bag from inside a cereal packet, placed the candle inside it (after cleaning out any crumbs!!) and wrapped it tightly around the candle to hold the image in place (holding the excess waxy paper at the back of the candle).  This means you can see the image and how it is reacting to the heat. Then just use a heat tool and move it across the image until the tissue paper disappears into the candle - careful not to overheat any areas as this will distort the shape of the candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment