My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Monday 21 April 2014

Artistic Inspirations challenge 88 CAS/ Anything goes

Happy Easter Monday to you all. And Happy Birthday to Queen Elizabeth who is an amazing 88 years old today!!!
My DT card for this weeks Artistic Inspirations challenge is from an image by Paper Nest Dolls. The lovely childlike image is probably not one I'd send to Her Majesty, but I'll be using it for my Son's 23 birthday next month as he is a bit of a monkey! Hope you like it. Suz xxx





I printed the image in A5 size on smooth card, coloured it with a mixture of Pitt pens, alcohol markers and pencils. I roughly measured the height and width of the image then used my Cricut mini to make an aperture in a piece of pink paper to fit over. I layed the aperture over the image and marked where it would NOT go over and here I then cut the image to pop over the edge of the aperture. I used the Mini to create balloons and the letter tags to make bunting. I wrote out the letters & edged the tags with green ink. I added the layered card and image onto an A4 sized card, stuck ribbon along the edges and added the coloured balloons. I finished by drawing string from the bunting and balloons with a green pen and used a black micron to create the string effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment