My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Mens Winter Tag

So here is a colourful mens tag which I still managed to squeeze a little glitter and jingle onto!



I stamped the image onto a plain tag putting both Spring Green and Cobalt Blue on the stamp to give a colour graduation - a nice idea from the Craft Stamper Challenge - then embossed using Crystal Sparkle embossing powder for a snowy sparkle. I stamped and embossed twice more onto white paper and coloured all the leaves in with watercolour paints and cut them out. 





I used spray inks on the background between the embossed images the applied some Cobalt Blue pigment ink with my fingers to give more depth then heat set.  Once I was happy with the background colour I added the gold fence along the bottom, and placed the ribbons on top then started to layer up the decoupaged Ivy. 
I stamped and embossed a lovely sentiment using the Valentine red pigment ink pad on a die cut cream circle, then layered over the top of this with a gold die cut normally used as a watch frame. Finally I added more ribbon and bells to the hole in the top. 
Products used from Oak House Studio:  
Have fun. Suz xxx




5 comments:

  1. That's a great winter tag, thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag, I love the colours. Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sparkly tag Suz! Thank you so much for joining us for Craft Stampers Take it Make it Challenge and good luck! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag! Thank you for joining us this month at craft stamper make it take it

    ReplyDelete