My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 12 January 2018

3D Upcycled airship box for the Craft Stamper Challenge Blog

My first post as a DT member for the Craft Stamper Challenge Blog.
A colourful 3D Airship using
an upcycled box.


Just a fun little project to help celebrate the new year (although it feels a long time ago now!!!) and new beginnings.


I stamped this gorgeous image from the Steampunkery stamp set by Chocolate Baroque onto cartridge card twice (I used the other one for a  mans birthday card which will be in a post next see).
This little square gift box was begging not to be thrown away. So I gessoed it!
Two layers.... exciting ...! Zzzzzz
While the gesso was still wet I dabbed in some DecoArt media fluid acrylic in Cobalt Blue with a large brush, picking up more gesso to give a sky like effect.


Chopped up a loo roll.
Rolled up the pieces and wrapped
masking tape around them.
Painted them copper metallic paint by DecoArt. These would be the legs, I did eventually add a little silver paint too to tone down the copper!

I used some Papermania stamps, embossed with copper embossing powder.
Took a strip of scrap paper, snipped into it so that
I could have the numbers upright in the box.


Like this!

I used some cute clouds from Tando Creative (see next pic). I popped them
 into water and after a couple of minutes split them, this way I get even more
from the pack  and they are really light and won't make the box fall over.



I wound some soft jewellery wire around a pen to make a spring for my airship.


I painted the airship with Aquatints

Using washi tape, I stuck the spring I'd made onto the back of the airship.
I was initially going to use it to stick the ship
into the box too, but it was a bit fiddly
and not strong enough.
Instead I decided to use Pinflair 3D glue gel. 
I laid the box on it's back,
stuck it down and let it dry.

And here is the finished project.
It'll help me to remember which year we are now in!!! Thanks for looking. Suz x


2 comments:

  1. What an amazing transformation! I enjoyed seeing how you created it too - beautiful 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete