My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Saturday 21 February 2015

Quick card using PaperArtsy stamps on a geli print background and a Dylusions Stencil

Hi all
Not had much chance to blog recently....stuff happens. But having had stuch a fab time at the Hobby Craft and Stitches day at the NEC Birmingham on Tuesday, I thought I should get back into the groove! And while I'm at it I'll enter it into the Craft Stamper challenge which for this month is Stencilling. Love this months issue.

I recently found out a neighbour has been diagnosed with breast cancer and wanted to make her a bright pretty card. Having got my hands on one of the soon to be released stamp sets ESN14 by Sara Naumann from PaperArtsy I knew exactly what to use. I'm also planning my next workshop which will be based around using stencils so those two things together helped me come up with a quick and simple plan using dye based inks.

I stamped the images onto a gelatin plate print (made just by brayering DecoArt Quin Voilet and Titanium white onto copy paper). Cut these out (while waiting for the kettle to boil - always multi tasking!!!).
On a piece of white card I stencilled through the Dylusions Luscious Leaves stencil usint Spun Sugar then Pickled Raspberry distress inks in alternate directions.
I then added a strip of ribbon, adhered the flowers, added glass beads to the middle, some pink gems to and a stamped sentiment. I used a white acrylic paint pen to the base kraft card to make dots and a Signo Uniball pen for the wiggly lines. Finally adding the decorated white card to the base card.  I should have taken more time to ensure the sentiment looked straighter, but then it is a handmade card and I know my friend will appreciate it just the same!

Have fun all.
Suz
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Great looking! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your fab dimensional creation ! Beautiful design !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty pink flowers
    Thanks for joining in with the craft stamper magazines make it take it challenge

    ReplyDelete