My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Saturday 19 July 2014

Resist technique with Lynne Perella Stamps

Too much??? This stamp set is soooo detailed and it just MADE me want to add stacks of colour.  I had to reign in on the embellies and forced myself to add white flowers though I was so tempted to colour then too - but wanted a balance with the pale colour embossing powder I used for the resist.....and if next week I still fancy seeing how bright flowers look then I might just pull em off and do it!
So the start was to paint the cardboard tag with white gesso. This gave a better base for the spray inks I used and helped show the bright colours. Then I embossed the main image from the set onto the tag using a pale pink powder. I then stamped the image three more times with Archival black, coloured them using sharpie fineliners and watercolours and cut various sections adding them to the tag. The border was created with another of the stamps from the set, and I used the beautiful scrip too but it's a bit hidden in all the layers. I hand made mini carnations (love these) under which I added a bit of crocheted wire.  I dripped alcohol inks onto some metal flower shapes to colour them blue/ green and added a selection of sequins around the main image. A pearl in the corner and pearls/ beads in the metal flowers.  A metal heart charm (filled with glue gun glitter) at the top is almost hidden really! And of course those vibrant feathers all made this a lot of fun. Subtle I think!!! Suz xx
Will enter this into the Craft Stamper Challenge.


6 comments:

  1. Great tag love the bright colours that you've used, thanks for joining in the Take It Make It Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag ... lots of nice bright colours. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fab! Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beeeeautiful...too much...no....everything fits in so well, love it:-)
    Thank you so much for joining us over at Craft Stamper for the TIMI challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pop of colour Suz! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper blog challenge this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous tag! Lovely burst of colors! Thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete