My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 17 January 2020

Upcycled Bottle Candle Holder a DT project for Andy Skinner's Creative Team

Hi all
We had a few empty bottles after Christmas (!),  I decided to make one of them into a jazzy candle holder. using some of Andy's products, some found objects, and a few bits from my stash for my first Creative Team DT post of 2020.

After washing it well, I covered the bottle with strips of the beautiful rice papers and some old book pages. I used watered down 'Quick Grab Glue' which worked beautifully. I applied some lava paste though the Crocodile Stencil, heat activated it (that worked really well on the rice paper),then added some lace and pearl trim around the bottle neck.

I made a little dangly thing using a found rusty paper clip, piece of wire and a washer (I pick up these little treasures when I'm out and about) and added some broken jewellery. I stamped the Gypsy Queen onto shrink plastic using Stazon, cut around the image and punched a hole before shrinking with my heat tool.
Dangle using various bits onto the rusty safety pin.
You can really see the lava paste texture






Click HERE for Creative Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment