My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 9 August 2019

Elephant Anniversary Card for CS August Blog Challenge

This month for the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge, I've gone all romantic and made this card for my hubby for our 27th wedding anniversary! There are (as usual) lovely prizes to be won in the challenge, AND a chance to be featured in the mag! Take a look here.
PaperArtsy stamps, stamped with Versafine, watercoloured with 
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics and fussy cut.

I was going to use this die cut design in the background, but changed my mind and used a very pretty chipboard embellishment by Scrapiniec instead.  I cut out the hearts from the die cut to dot randomly in the background.

I cut a base layer of white card just a little smaller than the card blank.  
Inked the edges with Fired Brick distress ink to lift if from the base card.
The heart chipboard embellishment was painted with Pyrol Red and Titanium white.
A couple of the little Paperartsly stamped leaves painted, cut out and added to their heads.  Then stamped out the sentiment from a Papermania set, adding some white dots to the larger letters. Added a bit of shading underneath the ephalumps and that completed this simple, colourful card.
Hope you like it, hubby did. ❤😍
Thanks for looking
Suz
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! Do you want to go into the draw for the magazine on Sunday? 😁

      Delete
  2. Love this card Suz the elephants are so quirky I'd love to win the mag please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ros! I'll enter your name into the draw on Sunday. 😊 Xxx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely card for your anniversary Suz, I do like those elephants 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karin! Would you like to go into the draw for the magazine on Sunday hun? Xxx

      Delete
  4. This is just adorable. I'd love to win the mag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linby. I'll pop you in the draw! 😊 X

      Delete
  5. Love the bow tie detail on your elephant very dapper! Really like how cut the die to just use the hearts as embellishments and teaches us we dont always have to use the die cuts as they first cut but can use elements of them - brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dutchy! And do let me know if you want to in the draw for the magazine tonight. Entries close around 12 hours from now at 6pm London time. Suz x

      Delete
  6. I’d love, no, NEED to win the mag! Haha. You have my addy. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks darling. You're in the draw! Xxx

    ReplyDelete