My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 10 May 2019

It takes time to grow old friends....

Hi there
Here's my project for this months Craft Stamper 'Anything Goes' Blog Challenge.
You can find the blog and links to the competition here! 
There are some gorgeous prizes to be won, why not have a go!
I've used two stamps; the flowers, which come as one whole stamp, and the sentiment, both from the gorgeous set by Elenazinski. You can find them here!
Above is a little close up......and below are steps on how I made the card....
I individually swiped and pulled prints with these three inks into background paper using my Gelli plate (keeping the blues in at the top, greens at the bottom). I did each separately to prevent contaminating the colours of my Oxide Inks.
While the background dried fully, I stamped the images I needed onto stamping card 
and coloured in the flowers using water based markers.
Then I stamped onto the background too for placement, plus it means the stems are there so don't need to be cut out.  I 'fussy cut' out all the coloured elements of the flowers and glued them onto the background. I also inked around the torn out sentiment for a bit of definition.
I mounted the coloured background onto white paper to separate the focal background from the base Kraft card. I deliberately off set the focal images just for a bit of a change. And added hand drawn hearts around three sides and to the sentiment. Here's the finished card again. Oh and the final touch was a border drawn with a posca paint pen, to bring it all together.

I hope you like it.
Thanks for looking.
Suz
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment