My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 11 May 2018

Parasol Card for the Craft Stamper Blog

I cheated this month for my Craft Stamper Make it Take it challenge DT piece! I used a card I'd made for my Dad. Here's a quick explanation of why and how I made it...
My Dad will be on his first holiday to Thailand at the end of this month. So I wanted to make a card with an Asian feel to it. I used some old Sheen Douglas papers for the 2 background layers, going around the edges of both with a gold pen.
I cut two circles of watercolour card, another from the same paperback.

The paper circle I folded in half in several directions to give the parasol feel, then washed over with DecoArt paints to look more rustic and hide the bold pattern.
On one of the watercolour card circles I based coated with DecoArt Titan Buff then painted cherry blossoms (inspired by my You Can Folk It painting kit), the other. The third disc had a wash of colour to tone down the white. Once completely dry I used my anti static pad before Stamping with Illusionary Artist dragonfly and butterfly stamps (by France Papillon) and heat embossing with copper powder. Then painted wings with DecoArt Media Interference paints before also folding in half along several points.
On all three I then swept a versamark ink pad along the folds and outsides of the circles added gold powder and heat embossed.
Final Stamping was the birthday sentiment by Inkylicious. I write Dad in gold ink and used the sane pen to edge both that and the Happy birthday. Then stuck it all down with Cosmic Shimmer glue.
Hoping he'll like it!
Thanks for looking.
Suz
X

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea - hope he has a lovely Birthday and great time in Thailand xx Great card! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my gorgeous friend! It was his birthday today, I sent him a text first thing this morning and he's good, apparently it's hot and humid in Thailand! x

      Delete