My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 16 February 2018

Fossil Box using Andy Skinner Stampendous stamps (being launched THIS WEEKEND)

Hi all!
Another little tease for you today as I'm again using some of the Andy Skinner stamps not yet on release. The good news is that they ARE being released this weekend so should be available to purchase from Andy's store HERE!


The base of the box I painted with three coats of quite watery Paynes Grey (the cardboard soaks it up).  The lid I painted with DecoArt metallic Antique Bronze.  Just two coats as it is a much thicker paint than the fluid acrylic, and I used it neat.
I used a Versamark ink pad all over the top of the lid
  Then poured over  Stampendous embossing enamels (Aged Scarlett). I repeated this another couple of times mixing other gold and copper colours of Frantage embossing enamels. I tipped all the excess into a separate pot (one of those mini jam jars) so I didn't contaminate the original pots. I then prepare my stamps for pressing into the final coat of molten enamel by inking it with black archival ink. Once the stamp is ready I add more Versamark to the box lid, pour over the mixture of embossing powders and begin to heat the final layer of heat embossing. As soon as all the powder is melted, and while still molten I firmly press my inked stamp into it. I repeated this with the large fossil stamps, heating each area I am going to press the stamp into - but trying to avoid the areas already stamped as they will flatten out again if they re melt.
Once the embossing had cooled I painted the images with antiquing cream. Let that dry and wiped away the excess.

I then painted in the groves with some Titan Buff. And the final step was to use my fingers to rub over metallic lustres in the Iced Espresso over the fossil texture and the Black Shimmer all around the top edges and over the Iced Espresso.
And here is the finished box. I really like the way it turned out!


Products used:
DecoArt: Paynes Grey and Titan Buff Media Fluid Acrylics
Extreme Sheen Antique Bronze Metallic
White Antiquing Cream
Metallic Lustres in Black Shimmer and Iced Espresso

Stampendous Products:
Andy Skinner Fossils Stamps (being released at the Stitches ICHA this weekend
Frantage Embossing Enamels in Aged Copper, Aged Gold and Aged Scarlet

Other products used:
Archival and Versamark ink pads and a small cardboard box






1 comment:

  1. This is just the coolest project, Suz! Absolutely love every single thing about it! Thank you so much for sharing with our products.

    ReplyDelete