The finished door, on "The Topsy Toadstool".
|Here's the original piece. So cute, so much potential and this is actually the working door hinged onto a generous box with a shelf that you can't see in the picture.|
|A very diluted wash of DecoArt Media fluid acrylics next. Firstly in paynes grey, this gives a lovely depth to the bricks.|
|Then a wash of Burnt Umber. Repeat washes until you like the colour, dabbing off with kitchen towel to remove any drips and create variation of colour and texture.|
|How the washes of colour look once all done.|
|To add a shimmer and highlights to the brickwork, I added some DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Champagne by using it as a watercolour paint.|
|I also wanted to bring out the curves of the roof, so added a generous amount of the lustre along the lines.|
|And once all the shimmer was on, I wiped it back to be a little more subtle. I also added it to the door knob which made it really stand out.|