My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Thursday 26 June 2014

Butterflies

Some days you just really fancy a good old inky, messy play, and I had one of those days yesterday. Here's what I made and some simple steps if you are interested. Suz xx

I prayed a piece of thick card, probably about 400gsm with Oak House Studio Spode spray ink. I then mixed some of the ink with some Sweet Poppy translucent paste, not too much or it just goes flat. Then I used a swirl stencil and some chipped sapphire TH inks around the edge, and another mask with polka dots .  I inked though a butterfly stencil with Versamark, heat embossing the lower with Stampendous Frantage enamels and the other with clear embossing powder which darkened the colour beneath. I added white Signo pen to the butterflies and also used it to highlight other areas and to frame the beautiful sentiment with swirls and dots. I used a blue pencil to give depth in some areas around the butterflies too. To create the bird cage and branches I used another stencil but this time spritzed Dylusions white ink through. The sentiment stamp was from Oak House Studio, just using archival black ink onto which card which I'd also pre-coloured with the Spode. I might also enter this one into the Oak House Studio challenge as I'm still on the blue theme with this!
Happy crafting all.
Suz
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment