My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Monday 14 April 2014

Bottle Bouquet

This months Craft Stamper mag features their free bottles stamp and the challenge focused on using bottle.  This gave me the idea to have a play with a lovely shaped bottle I was about to put in the recycle bin and turn it into a 'bottle bouquet'! I looked at some other challenges for a bit of inspiration on colours, etc. Here it is...products used and steps below.

Will add these to the Craft Stamper bottles challenge, Hels Sunday Stampers (eternal flame - and I've used all the colours though only a hint of red), Country View Challenge (New Beginnings- which both for the bottle I've given a new lift to and the new blooms I've made) and Craftyhands (Anything goes as I missed the Shabby chic). I also think these fit with a monochrome theme as the whole project is based on shades of one colour (orange) to will enter the Crafting Musketeer's challenge which again I've not entered for yonks!


I covered the bottle using a sheet of papermania paper which I tore into strips and glued to the bottle, and some white acrylic paint which I firstly dry brushed but it was too thick so I watered it down to give a wash instead. Once dry I used a stencil and Decoart modelling paste to add flowers which, once completely set, I highlighted with two colours of gold gilding waxes. The flowers were all from Sheena Douglas, which I stamped using a momento ink, coloured with alcohol markers and cut out.I added some Wink of Stella to some too. I then bent a wire coathanger into a diamondish shape, tuned it upside down and stuck it in the bottle. I wrapped bronze jewellery wire around it, stuck on the flowers and some ribbon and hey presto, a 'Bottle Bouquet'!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for both comments on my blog! It's a pain when that happens and it usually happens to me after I leave a long comment! The second post is normally much shorter if the first one gets lost. Anyway this bouquet! Rather special I'd say and very pretty, love the sunshine orange and fab design. A super project, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janice! Love the cards on your blog and also the look of your blog. I must try and update the layout of mine one day! Catch up with you soon. Suz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is the bottle beautiful but the flowers are lovely as well! Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.
    Renee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a fab project i love it, the flowers look amazing and the bottle is fab too, Thank you for joining us at Crafting Musketeers & good luck Pam DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog this month, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous bouquet... such a bright happy transformation... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous sunny project, thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely project for Crafting Musketeers challenge 12: monochrome, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great idea! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've transformed the bottle, and the flowers are so cheery! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, this is truly stunning!!! Absolutely love this

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful bouquet and loving your altered bottle!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at the Craft Stampers Take it, Make it challenge.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous bouquet, what a great idea! Thank you for playing along this month with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a fabulous splash of colour ..... love your bouquet and the bottle is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge ..... good luck! Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh! This is stunning! Thank you for participating in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous project - the flowers just look as though they are floating. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month. Jennie

    ReplyDelete